Most raw vegan desserts are made with nuts, so they are high in fat. So, we’ve perfected a delicious recipe for low-fat carrot cake bites that does not contain any nuts. Yum! How can you go wrong with carrot cake?! We also have other raw vegan dessert recipes for you!
If you soak the dates in the recipe to make food processing easier, you may not need much water. However, if the mixture is too wet, you can blend in more oats to soak up the moisture. See our “What We Eat in a Day” YouTube video, where we make these low-fat carrot cake bites as our dessert.
Low-Fat Carrot Cake BitesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Most raw vegan desserts are made with nuts, so they are high in fat. We’ve perfected a delicious recipe for low-fat carrot cake bites that does not contain any nuts. Yum! How can you go wrong with carrot cake?!
3/4 cup gluten-free, rolled oats
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 11 or 12 dates)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
water if needed
- Use a food processor to make the oats into a flour.
- Add in the carrots, vanilla, and spices.
- While processing, add in dates one at a time.
- If mixture is too dry, add water in slowly until you get the desired consistency.
- Roll parts of the dough into small bite-sized balls, like donut holes.
- Since the dough is sticky, wet your hands while handling it.
- Freeze for about 2 hours before eating and keep leftovers in freezer.
© 2020, Joann Loy. All rights reserved.