We just got our first Misfits Market Box delivered, so we wanted to use some of the organic, “ugly” produce to make something different! We decided on massaged kale salad with mango salsa. The sweet and savory flavors blend extremely well and it turned out amazing! You won’t need dressing at all!
We made a YouTube video to demonstrate this massaged kale salad with mango salsa recipe, but we also did a Misfits Market unboxing. It’s pretty cool! Feel free to add celery, cucumber, or tomatoes if you wish. It’s a very flexible recipe. We have other recipes for you as well.
Massaged Kale Salad with Mango SalsaCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
16 oz kale
2 medium mangoes
1/2 orange bell pepper (or any pepper)
1 small red onion
1 tsp dried cilantro (or 1/2 cup fresh cilantro)
juice of one lime
juice of one lemon
1/4 tsp sea salt
- You’ll need fresh or dried cilantro, mangoes, any kind of pepper, including jalapeño, an onion, and a lime.
- Dice the pepper and onion.
- Peal the mangoes, slice them, and dice them.
- Squeeze the lime into a large bowl.
- Add in the diced ingredients.
- And the cilantro.
- Stir well.
- For the massaged kale salad, strip the leaves from the stems.
- Cut the kale into strips.
- Add the juice of a lemon.
- Sprinkle some sea salt to help wilt the kale.
- Massage the kale, then let it sit and marinate for 15 minutes, then come back and massage it until it is half its original volume.
- Add the mango salsa on top.
- You can add cucumber or celery or tomato as well.