How does a Snickers pie sound? What if you could make it in a healthy way without even turning on your oven? This incredible no-bake, raw vegan Snickers pie is gluten free and dairy free! See our other raw vegan chocolate recipes that we made last Christmas. We have some in our free Christmas recipe ebook as well.
Like our white chocolate cherry cheesecake, this dessert is loaded with calories, 620 in fact, so you might want to make a meal out of this, instead of eating it for dessert. It has plenty of protein and fat to keep you full until your next meal. And don’t forget to watch how we make this delicious raw vegan Snickers pie in our YouTube video below.
Raw Vegan Snickers PieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
What if you could make Snickers pie in a healthy way without even turning on your oven? This incredible no-bake, raw vegan Snickers pie is gluten free and dairy free!
12 Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
5 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Caramel Layer
10 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for softness
3 tbsp peanut butter (can be made raw or use any raw nut butter)
3 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Nut Butter Mousse
2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (or make milk from fresh coconut meat and water if possible)
3/4 cup peanut butter (can be made raw or use any raw nut butter)
2 tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice, for drizzling (can be processed raw, if you prefer)
- Blend crust ingredients in a food processor until smooth and sticks together.
- Press the crust mixture into a parchment-lined, 8-inch, round pie pan, so that the pie doesn’t stick.
- Place in the freezer to set while you make the caramel layer.
- Caramel Layer
- Blend caramel ingredients in the food processor and process until very smooth.
- You don’t need to clean between making this and the crust.
- Spread an even layer on top of the pie crust and return to the freezer.
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- Open the coconut milk cans (or the coconut milk you made) and scoop out the solid white coconut cream.
- Save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie later.
- Blend the remaining mousse ingredients in the food processer until smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of the set caramel layer and then return to the freezer.
- Optionally, you can drizzle dark chocolate (raw if possible), melted on low heat below 118°F in a double boiler, if you want to keep it raw.
- Freeze overnight and store in the freezer.
- You will need to thaw for about 10 min before serving.
- It will last months in the freezer, if you don’t eat it up first.
© 2020, Joann Loy. All rights reserved.