This heavy metal detox smoothie will take your health to the next level! Every one of us needs to detox heavy metals. Our environment and tap water are full of them. We can even be born with them if our mother was exposed while pregnant. Heavy metals contribute to many health problems in our modern society. This recipe will show you how to make a smoothie to detoxify heavy metals from your body. These are the best secrets to cleanse your cells. (Adapted from the Medical Medium.)
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Ingredient Benefits
- You can use purified water or coconut water, but the coconut water gives additional nutrients. It has more potassium than four bananas!
- Wild blueberries actually pull heavy metals from your brain tissue! Since they are high in antioxidants, they also repair any damage left behind from the heavy metal oxidation.
- Spirulina pulls heavy metals from the brain as well, but also the liver and central nervous system.
- Cilantro extracts metals from every nook and cranny. If you don’t like the taste of cilantro, it may be an indication that the heavy metals in your system are corroding rapidly into your saliva and causing a soapy or harsh taste. Try smaller amounts at first if you have this reaction.
- Dulse flakes act as a binder for all heavy metals, especially mercury, reaching into the gut and digestive tract to bind to them until they leave the body.
- The greens and fruit are for additional nutrients and flavor, especially the Vitamin C, which helps greatly with detox.
Check out the detox smoothie recipe below, as well as a video demonstration. While you’re watching, check out our other recipe videos on YouTube! We also have another smoothie recipe and some detox tips for you. What is your favorite smoothie? Let us know in the comments below. You can drink this everyday if you like.
Heavy Metal Detox SmoothieCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Heavy metals contribute to many health problems in our modern society. This recipe will show you how to make a smoothie to detoxify heavy metals from your body.
1-2 cups coconut water (or purified water)
2 cups of frozen wild blueberries (or any fruit)
1 tsp spirulina
1 cup cilantro
1/2 cup spinach, chard, arugula, kale, or combination
1 tbsp dulse flakes
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.