How would you like to know how to make raw dark chocolate turtles for a healthy option at your family gathering? These raw, vegan, healthy, organic, dark chocolate turtles are a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of dates, pecans, and raw chocolate. What a way to give you a healthy, vegetarian holiday! It can also be enjoyed any time of year!
Raw Dark Chocolate TurtlesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These raw, vegan, healthy, organic, dark chocolate turtles are a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of dates, pecans, and raw chocolate.
- Chocolate Coating
2 cups raw cacao wafers (or unsweetened dark chocolate chips)
7 oz agave or maple syrup or combination
1-3 tbsp coconut oil, depending on how soft you want the chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
- Caramel Filling
1 cups Medjool dates
1 tbsp agave/maple syrup
dash of vanilla
- Turtle Topping
2 cups pecan halves
- Use a double boiler or fondue pot to melt the cacao wafers, taking care to keep below 118°F, if you want to keep it raw.
- Add in coating ingredients while melting on low heat.
- Blend the filling ingredients into a paste, adding water if necessary.
- Put small puddle of chocolate on wax paper.
- Put teaspoon of filling on top.
- Put 3 pecan halves around the filling edge.
- Top with more chocolate.
- Sprinkle course sea salt.
- Repeat until done.
- Refrigerate to set up.
© 2019, Joann Loy. All rights reserved.