How would you like to know how to make a raw vegan pumpkin pie for a healthy option at your family gathering? This raw, healthy, organic, pecan pie is a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of dates, pumpkin, and persimmon. What a way to give you a healthy, vegetarian holiday! It can also be enjoyed any time of year!
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie for ThanksgivingCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This raw, healthy, organic, pecan pie is a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of dates, pumpkin, and persimmon.
- Pie Crust
2 cups walnuts/pecans
6-7 pitted Medjool dates
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted on very low heat
splash of vanilla
pinch of sea salt
- Pie Filling
2-3 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped pie pumpkin (or 1 can pumpkin purée)
3 ripe persimmons
12 pitted Medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp clove
- For crust, pulse nuts in a food processor until course, then add remaining ingredients until they stick together well when pinched.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Refrigerate while making filling.
- For filling, a high speed blender is best, but a food processor will do.
- Blend or process ingredients until smooth and thick.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust and smooth out well.
- Keep refrigerated.