How would you like to know how to make raw peanut butter cups for a healthy option at your family gathering? These raw, vegan, healthy, organic peanut butter cups are a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of peanut butter and raw chocolate. What a way to give you a healthy, vegetarian holiday! It can also be enjoyed any time of year!
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter CupsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
These raw, vegan, healthy, organic peanut butter cups are a must for holiday fun with the family! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of peanut butter and raw chocolate.
- Chocolate Coating
2 cups raw cacao wafers (or unsweetened dark chocolate chips if not available, but they are not raw)
7 oz agave or maple syrup or combination (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
1-3 tbsp coconut oil, depending on how soft you want the chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
- Peanut Butter Filling
2 cups raw peanut butter
1 cup agave/maple syrup
5-8 oz almond flour
- Use a double boiler or fondue pot to melt the cacao wafers, taking care to keep below 118°F, if you want to keep it raw.
- Add in coating ingredients while melting on low heat.
- Stir the filling ingredients in a bowl and freeze for at least 30 minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Coat cupcake liners with melted chocolate.
- Form the cold filling mixture into small patties and place in liners.
- Cover the filling with more coating, then refrigerate to set up.