How would you like to know how to make a raw vegan cheese ball for a healthy option at your family gathering? This raw, healthy, organic, cheese ball tastes even better than the dairy version! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. What a way to give you a healthy, vegetarian holiday! It can also be enjoyed any time of year!
Check out the raw vegan cheese ball recipe below, as well as a video demonstration. While you’re watching, check out our other recipe videos on YouTube! We also have more Thanksgiving recipes for you.
Raw Vegan Cheese Ball for ThanksgivingCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This raw, healthy, organic, cheese ball tastes even better than the dairy version! This plant based recipe is a delicious mixture of nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
1-1/2 cups raw soaked nuts (almonds and cashews work best, but macadamias will do)
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted at very low heat
- Almonds and cashews need to be soaked for 8 hours or overnight, while macadamias just need 1 hour to soften.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes overnight.
- Drain the nuts and sun-dried tomatoes and rinse.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and mix until it forms a smooth paste.
- Scrape into a container and refrigerate for 5 hours until firm.
- Form into cheese ball and roll in crushed nuts.