I made a delicious, raw, vegan, chocolate tart for Valentine’s Day that you can use to surprise your sweetheart! I used my raw chocolate crust to enhance the flavor of the tart filling. Kenny absolutely loved it! Be sure and keep it in the fridge so that it lasts longer, up to five days, if your family hasn’t eaten it sooner!
Check out the raw vegan chocolate tart recipe below, as well as a video demonstration. In this video, I will show you how simple and quick this recipe is to make. Be sure and watch the taste test at the end. While you’re watching, check out our other recipe videos on YouTube! We also have more dessert recipes for you.
Raw Vegan Chocolate TartCourse: DessertsCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Try delicious, raw, vegan, chocolate tart for Valentine’s Day that you can use to surprise your sweetheart! Be sure and keep it in the fridge so that it lasts longer, up to five days, if your family hasn’t eaten it sooner!
2 1/4 cups raw walnuts, soaked 6 hours or overnight, drained well
1/3 cup Medjool dates
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup raw almonds, soaked 6 hours or overnight, drained well
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup raw cacao butter, melted at low temperature
1 tsp vanilla
Garnish with strawberries, crushed almonds, cacao nibs, or any topping you prefer
- Use a food processor to grind the walnuts
- Add the dates and coconut sugar and process until mixed well
- Add the cacao powder, cacao nibs, coconut oil, and sea salt and process further
- Make sure the crust is thick and sticky
- Spread the crust mixture into a 9-inch tart pan
- Press into the center of the mixture and flatten it gradually, working outward to the edge of the pan
- Place the almonds, cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla into a high-speed blender
- After the mixture is smooth and creamy, add the cacao butter and blend further
- Pour the mixture over the crust and spread it evenly
- Let the tart chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Garnish with your topping of choice
© 2020, Joann Loy. All rights reserved.